Tuesday, May 24, 2011

east, pray, love

A divine smell suffused in my room from the green apple flavored candle sitting in the bell-shaped candle holder. It was flanked by Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat,pray,love"and a jar of fleshly brewed jasmine tea. Gilbert is such a sensational writer. Yes, she exaggerates and is a bit hysterical, esp. on the personification of depression and loneliness creeping in her apartment during her stay in Rome but she's so talented. I shared most of her spiritual experiences in Ashmere. Just stay put, don't flip your mind and be a slave to your fleeting thoughts and tempting emotions every second. And when you can get over the emotional fantasy and drama, you'll find peace with your mind. When I stop wandering aimlessly from one page to another, I finally anchor my soul. This place, this apartment in the middle of the desert is the best place for introspective contemplation, for figuring out what I want to do, and stop torturing my mind with hasty decisions.

One small step towards reflexive examination is a march to self-mastery. It's an internal promise you made to yourself that if you can finish this one little task and exercise self-control, maybe you can reclaim your life and stop worrying all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment