Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pipi my idol



Love Pipi Longstocking. She is my heroine and quite a feminist role model. She lives alone, with 2 animals. She is bizarrely strong, resilient, creative and lively. In one episode, she was watering the plant while raining. Her friend Anna asked her why she watered in a rainy day. She said "when I make up my mind to rain, I do it, and it can rain as much as it wants." What a line! She inspires me, despite the ostensible surrealism (such as raising a quadroped with her bare arms, and jumping off the cliff without injuries). When I make up my mind to run a project, I do it, and people can be as much indifferent or critical as they want. I don't care. Pipi always believes in herself. She is righteous and she outperformed men in many areas. She is unbelievably strong enough to protect herself and others. She is unusally rich enough to live on her own and buy confectionery and toys for other kids.

Defiant of authority, overflow of confidence, independence, bravity.....she is exactly what every girl needs to aspire to. I know I would be much better off if I can keep her in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment